A Message from Bishop Ricken
Jesus calls us, one by one, to follow Him. This ongoing call invites us to consider how we can better build the Kingdom of God in our families, our Church and our world. We have been called to renew our mission and vision for the Diocese of Green Bay. The one by One capital campaign takes up this call and invites each of us to embrace people's hearts and transform our communities.
Dear Friends in Christ,
It is amazing to think of how much we have grown as a diocese in 150 years. Today, we represent around 325,000 Catholics of all ages and backgrounds. Each one of us brings an incredible story of faith to be the Church that we are today.
Our faith community is a gift from previous generations of Catholics. Our parishes, Catholic schools, Catholic Charities programs and faith formation activities would not exist if it were not for the vision and sacrifice of those who came before us. Today, we are called to renew our mission and vision as the Diocese of Green Bay. I ask you to prayerfully consider joining me in making this opportunity a success.
Jesus calls us, one by one, to follow Him. This ongoing call invites us to consider how we can better build the Kingdom of God in our families, our Church and our world. The one by One capital campaign takes up this call and invites each of us to:
- Ensure a vibrant and sustainable future for our parishes;
- Provide opportunities for growth in our Catholic schools and faith formation programs, including funding scholarships for thousands of families for years to come;
- Respond in a stronger way to those who live on the margins, including expanding our social services outreach to even more people each year;
- Secure the future for those considering a life of ordained service and for those clergy who have retired from active ministry;
- Help families and individuals discover, follow, worship and share Jesus with all people; and
- Modernize communication strategies to share the Good News and help more people to discover, follow, worship and share Jesus.
A fruitful campaign will not only provide immediate programming but will also continue to build our Church for the next 150 years and beyond. Thank you for your prayers and financial support. God bless you and your loved ones.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Most Reverend David L. Ricken, DD, JCL
Bishop of Green Bay